Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh, Boy...SLEEP! That's Where I'm a Viking!

I was dreaming last night and my dreams are even more boring than real life. I dreamed my wife and a couple friends were hanging out in the living room. Some city workers were raking up leaves in front of the house and I decided to take a shower and get dressed for the day. But the bathroom in my dream had a broken door. I tried to fix it but it proved to be very difficult.

Rather suddenly, I woke up and jumped to look at the alarm clock to make sure that I hadn't overslept. It turns out that I still had over an hour before my alarm would go off. "Good," I thought to myself as I laid back down, "That will give me time to fix that bathroom door."

And I did dream that I fixed the door. I am disappointed in myself for having control of my dream and wasting it so. Dreams are lame. I think Mitch Hedberg summed up dreams best when he said, "One minute you're resting comfortably... the next minute, you have to build a go-cart with your landlord.

No comments: