Sunday, August 23, 2009

Girls in White Dresses with Blue Satin Sashes

We were doing some work at a university. We sat down on a grassy hill in front of our parked cars to take a break at about 9 am. We were eating some snacks under some trees that grew these puffy pods on them. My coworker was breaking the pods open and found they had things that looked like peas inside of them. He started bouncing the peas off the windshields of our cars and soon started giggling as he attempted to do complicated bounces off of several cars.

He said, "I don't know why I get such a kick out of this but I do."

I said, "That's good. It's important to have small things in your life that make you really happy. Five years from now, when your wife hates you and you're going through an awful divorce, it will seem like the world is ending but you can just decide to go outside and bounce some peas off your windshield and then things won't seem quite as bad anymore."

No comments: