Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm sorry I'm not as smart as you, we didn't ALL go to Grunger College

My daytime job has me working for a small company. I'm one of about ten employees and I seem to get along well with most of them. My boss tells me a lot of stories from his career ranging from getting drunk in Vegas and waking up in a parking lot with no shirt and no boots and no memory as to how he ended up in that predicament to working in missile silos and rocket testing grounds.

He made me laugh when he described working at one of Utah's prominent universities. He needed a trench to finish the job he was on so he grabbed a shovel and started digging. Pretty soon some college kids came walking by. None-too-discreetly, one of them said, "See. THAT is why I'm going to school... so I don't end up digging holes for a living like that guy when I'm old."

My boss turned to the kids and said, "I hate to rain on your parade but I graduated from this college 20 years ago."

2 comments:

Bunny Hugger said...

HA HA HA! No seriously, that is some funny crap!

Native Minnow said...

Wait, do you mean to tell me that waking up in a parking lot with no shirt and no money and no memory of how I ended up in that predicament isn't normal?