Thursday, May 17, 2007

Exquisite Dead Guy



Lately I've been on a zombie movie kick. They make me laugh so much. I was at the library and I found a movie by John Carpenter called "They Live."

Reading the DVD case was making me laugh right in the quiet of the library. The plot of the movie is that our society has been infiltrated by zombie/aliens. They hide behind mind control devices and only Rowdy Roddy Piper can stop them with his special sunglasses that allow him to see zombie/aliens.

My wife and I watched the movie and we even talked to the TV: "So the glasses also give him the ability to HEAR things he wouldn't normally hear?" and "Now he's in love with that woman who just smashed a bottle over his head and pushed him out of a 40 ft. high window?" And, of course, there was wrestling.

It wasn't nearly as horrible and silly as I thought it would be. I wouldn't tell you NOT to watch it if you were so inclined.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I part of that on cable once. It was pretty bad. It also occurs to me that simply knowing who Rowdy Roddy Piper is makes us old.