Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I Walk the Thinnest Line

I could be a genius, I could be retarded. As far as you know, I'm merely entertaining the thought of going insane. But I seem to operate machinery well and pay my bills so nobody is concerned.

This blog seems to be a good outlet for me so I figured I would do an introduction for those intrepid souls who read about strangers of their own volition or for those who have forgotten what I look like.

My name is Emmett. I'm 29 years old. Reading my blog is probably the best way to get an idea of who I am. I used to think I was easy going and fun to hang out with but now I would say straight up "zombie" is a better analysis. I was going through our pictures trying to find some where my eyes don't look like my heart is being massaged by death's icy grip but, brother, it ain't easy. My responsibilities have me on a road which appears to be leading to my early demise. I'm working on changing it.
I usually get a haircut about once a year. A lifetime of mom's cutting technique has made me immune to what people think about it. I'm even starting to like poorly executed styling. Not the bed-head thing; haircuts that try to look perfect and wholesome but still have major problems.

Yes, it has taken a lot of dedication and more cosmetic surgery than Sharon Osborne has endeavored to create this punk-rock skinny, prominant eyebrow Adonis. Ok, so my diet is more like that of a garbage disposal and all of my surgery has been internal but girls always seem to think my hair is pretty. Oops, I mean, I don't care about that.

I'm married, have kids, you've gathered that by now. I like to mountain bike and snowboard. I like to write. I want to throw up a web page so you can all read the short stories I've been writing, but that may take awhile. I'm into music but I'll write about that in a separate entry. I've attended many years of college but have no degrees. Art, english, and I hope to finish it up in chemistry. I haven't been in school since my daughter was born.

I believe everyone has something to offer. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. But I'm also getting choosier about who I'm willing to associate with. My time is valuable to me. I appreciate my friends. If you want more then keep coming back.

No comments: